Changes to Access Arrangements
**Attendance at Surgery**
Updated on 29 March 2022
Due to the high risks of transmission of Covid-19 and other Respiratory Infections we are strictly controlling access to Kessington Medical Centre to protect patients, our staff and the wider public.
DO NOT ENTER THE BUILDING UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN PERMISSION
- We are following Scottish Government Guidance with regard to not just Covid-19 but also other Respiratory Infections
- We still require to socially distance patients in the waiting area
- Any patient with potential RESPIRATORY INFECTION requires to be kept away from other patients
- All patients entering the building must answer 7 questions as directed by Scot Gov
- When phoning please help reception help you by advising the reason for any appointment
- This allows reception to signpost/arrange the most appropriate appointment with appropriate professional who may not be the GP
- The majority of appointments with a GP will initially be by telephone and the GP will then arrange a face to face appointment where appropriate
- We have therefore had to suspended all online appointment booking
- Do not enter to make appointments - phone 0141 212 0700
- Do not enter to order prescriptions - phone 0141 406 6380 or use online access.
- Please do not collect prescriptions from reception unless advised by staff. Please advise when ordering scripts which local pharmacy you wish to collect from.
FOR OTHER MEDICAL PROBLEMS
- Child Health Surveillance: It is important the physical check is done before 12 weeks by the GP. Please do not delay this check.
- If you think you may have a new cancer - Do not delay - please arrange a telephone appointment.
- If you think you or a relative are having a heart attack or stroke - Do not delay - call 999
- We are managing many patient's problems by way of telephone consult. Please arrange with reception.
- Where needed we now have access to video consultations
- We are still seeing patients where we can't mange the problem by phone or video. Should the GP decide this is sensible they will arrange a time for you to come down.
Help us to help you and the rest of the community!